Stewartry Museum

Stewartry Museum

St Mary Street

Kirkcudbright DG6 4AQ

 

T. 01557 331643

E. stewartrymuseum@dumgal.gov.uk

W. http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2333&contactid=3638

 

The Stewartry Museum was founded in 1879. Its collections chiefly relate to the human and natural history of the Stewartry (Kirkcudbrightshire), and include the ‘Siller Gun’, Scotland’s oldest known sporting trophy, and works by Kirkcudbrightshire artists, including Jessie M. King. The Museum also holds documents, such as the records of St Cuthbert’s Masonic Lodge for the Stewartry from 1735-1996, and photographs. A catalogue of its documents and reference material can be searched on the premises. Staff are happy to produce lists of their documents upon enquiry. In addition, their Burgh Records are being digitised with the intention of making them available online.