John Sinclair House
16 Bernard Terrace
Edinburgh EH8 9NX
T. 0131 662 1456
Established in 1908, the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) is Scotland’s national collection of buildings, archaeology and industry. A guide to using the resources of RCAHMS can be accessed at http://www.rcahms.gov.uk/getting-started.html. Its holdings include:
- The National Collection of Aerial Photography.
- Digital material, such as GIS data and geophysics data.
- Manuscripts, including graveyard surveys and inventories of kirk furnishings.
- Around 2.5 million photographs relating to the built environment from the 1850s onwards.
- Over 2 million prints and drawings dating from the seventeenth century to the present day.
- Over 25,000 books and other publications, including trade catalogues and house sale brochures.