Annan ‘Oor wee toon’: a Collection of Images and Memories from Annan’s Past, Dumfries, 1995.
Bourne, P. Kirkcudbright: 100 Years of an Artists’ Colony, Edinburgh, 2003.
Carroll, D. Scotland in Old Photographs: Annandale, Stroud, 1998.
Carroll, D. Old Dumfries, Ochiltree, 2000.
Carroll, D. Old Lockerbie and Lochmaben, Ochiltree, 2001.
Carroll, D. The Solway Coast: From Powfoot to Caulkerbush, Ochiltree, 2002.
Carroll, D. Old Thornhill, Durisdeer, Enterkinfoot, Carronbridge, Keir Mill, Penpont, Tynron, Ochiltree, 2008.
Donaldson, D. Bygone Dumfries and Galloway from Old Photographs, Edinburgh, c.1978.
Donnachie, I and Macleod, I F. Victorian and Edwardian Scottish Lowlands from Historic Photographs, London, 1979.
Dunn, P. Kirkcudbright: Your Town, Stranraer, 2006.
Faed, J. Galloway Water-colours, London, 1919.
Faed, J. John Faed (1819-1902) Centenary Exhibition, Gatehouse, 2002.
Faed, S. James Faed Junior (1856-1920) Celebrating 150 Years, n.p. 2006.
Gillespie, J. Fifty Views of Dumfriesshire and Galloway, Dumfries, 189?.
Hawkins, J I. The Heritage of the Solway Firth, Annan, n.d.
Hunter, J. Views in Wigtownshire, Dumfries and Galloway Council, 2008.
Hunter, J. Old Bladnoch, Ochiltree, 1998.
Hunter, J. The Ken Valley, Ochiltree, 2001.
Hunter, J. The Upper Glenkens, Ochiltree, 2001.
Hunter, J. The Central Stewartry, Ochiltree, 2002.
Mackenzie, J D. Old Portpatrick, Ochiltree, 1997.
Macleod, I F. Old Kirkcudbright Descriptions, Engravings, Maps, Photographs and Walks, Glasgow, 1973.
Mcgavin, B. Old Sanquhar, Ochiltree, 1998.
Nelson, E. Wigtown and the Solway Plain in Old Photographs, Stroud, 1995.
Nelson, D. A Peep at Stranraer’s Past, Stranraer and District Local History Trust, 1999.
Nelson, D. Old Stranraer and Cairnryan, Ochiltree, 2005.
Penman, A. Old Kirkcudbright, Ochiltree, 1998.
Penman, A. Old Castle Douglas, Ochiltree, 1998.
Pettigrew, D. Old Newton Stewart, Ochiltree, 1998.
Pogson, R. A Day in Dalry St John’s Town of Dalry in the Year 2000, Dalry, 2000 (and supplement).
Russell, M. A Different Country: the Photographs of Werner Kissling, Edinburgh, 2002.
Sloan, J M. Galloway: Painted by James Faed, London, 1908.
Smith, W A C. Dumfries and Galloway’s Last Day’s of Steam, Ochiltree, 1998.
Steel D I A. John Faed, RSA: The Gatehouse Years, Dumfries, 2001.
Wilson, R. Old Annan, Ochiltree, 1999.
Wright, A and Bonning, T. Galloway, 2nd edn, 2003.
See also the Through the Lens series, published by Dumfries and Galloway Cultural Services:
01. Glimpses of Old Wigtownshire, 1996.
02. Glimpses of Old Whithorn, 1997.
03. Glimpses of Old South Machars, 1997.
04. Glimpses of Old Dalbeattie and District, 1997.
05. Glimpses of Old Thornhill and District,1997.
06. Glimpses of Old Queen of the South,1998.
07. Glimpses of Old Machars Farm Life, 1998.
08. Glimpses of Old Sanquhar, Wanlockhead and District, 1998.
09. Glimpses of Old Langholm and District, 1998.
10. Glimpses of Old South Rhinns, 1998.
11. Glimpses of Old Stranraer FC, 1999.
12. Glimpses of Old Characters of Dumfries and Galloway, 1999.
13. Dalbeattie Words and Sayings, 1999.
14. Glimpses of Old Maxwelltown, 1999.
15. Glimpses of Old Creetown, 1999.
16. Glimpses of Old Whithorn and Glasserton Parishes, 1999.
17. Glimpses of Old Ruthwell, Cummertrees and Mouswald Parishes, 2000.
18. Glimpses of Old Galloway Seaports, 2000.
19. Glimpses of Old Eaglesfield, Kirtlebridge, Middlebie and Waterbeck, 2001.
20. Glimpses of Old Lockerbie, 2001.
21. Glimpses of Old Kirkbean and Southwick, 2002.
22. Glimpses of Old New Galloway, 2002.
23. Glimpses of Old Newton Stewart, Minnigaff and Kirkcowan, 2002.
24. Glimpses of Old Annan Burgh, 2003.
25. Glimpses of Old Kirkdale School, Carsluith, 2003.
26. Glimpses of Old North West Dumfries, 2004.
27. Glimpses of Old Dornock and Eastriggs, 2005.
28. Glimpses Around Old Loch Ryan, 2005.
29. Glimpses of Annan Landward, 2005.
30. Glimpses of Old Glencaple and Caerlaverock, 2005.
31. Glimpses of Old Kirkmahoe, 2006.